AlbacMat Flexible Evacuation Stretcher
The AlbacMat Flexible Evacuation Stretcher is a high quality flexible method of evacuating immobile people in the event of fire or a similar emergency. Able to be used in care home environments, this compact, self-contained evacuation solution is also ideal for hospitals, airplanes, clubs, trains, pubs, schools and hotels.
Made from a light weight supported vinyl sheet bonded to a polycarbonate flexible board, the AlbacMat glides over a range of surfaces including carpet, vinyl, concrete, bitumen (asphalt) and grass without building up heat. Available in two sizes, the AlbacMat features three velcro straps for comfort and security. A foot pocket is formed by it's self-containing bag when fully unrolled for safe positioning of feet.
Features of the AlbacMat Flexible Evacuation Stretcher
- Attached foil blanket 3 Velcro and webbing cross straps for secure fit
- Pulling handle at head end Positioning handle at foot end
- Foot pocket for safe positioning of feet
- Self-contained, can be wall mounted when folded back into its bag
- Polypropylene flexible base board enables it to move over most exterior and interior surfaces
- Suitable for both horizontal and vertical descent
- Instructions for efficient use/stretcher size clearly displayed on front
Using the AlbacMat Flexible Evacuation Stretcher
- In an Emergency hold the yellow handle firmly, undo the Velcro fastening and “throw out” the AlbacMat releasing it from its self-contained holder
- The patient can then transferred on to the AlbacMat (this can be performed either from a bed, chair or the floor)
- Ensure that the individual's feet are in the foot pocket If available, position a pillow under the individual's head and cover them using bedding
- Place the foil blanket over the individual and fasten the Velcro cross straps across the patient
- Using the end pulling handles the individual can be moved to a safe area
- When going down stairs it is important to pull the individual feet end first
Maintaining the AlbacMat
The ResQmat is easily cleaned with a spray polish which should be buffed in and left to dry. The ResQmat can then be easily rolled up and placed back into its storage bag.
Ensure that the stretcher is completely dry before re-rolling.
Specifications of the AlbacMat
- Packed: 38cm x 20cm x 18cm
- Weight: 2kg
- Unrolled: 193cm x 64cm (Standard) 193cm x 94cm (Large)
- Safety tested to: 160kg
- Economy version: 120kg
- Safe working load: 120kg - two people