Alerta Emergency Evacuation Sledge
When evacuating a hospital or care environment in an emergency, immobile patients will require the right equipment to facilitate their exit of the premises as quickly as possible. Made with flexible materials and an easy-glide underside for ease of movement, the Alerta Emergency Evacuation Sledge is designed for quick deployment to efficiently evacuate a patient from the building as safely as possible.
- 1 x Evacuation sledge
- 1 x Wall-mountable storage bag
Why Do I Need an Evacuation Sledge?
Immobile patients will require assistance to leave the building in the event of an emergency, and transferring them to a quick-moving sledge provides the safest and most efficient option. The Alerta Evacuation Sheet will allow care facilities to comply with fire safety regulations, and will prove to be an invaluable part of their overall fire safety programme.
How Secure is the Alerta Evacuation Sledge?
To ensure the evacuation can be carried out safely regardless of obstacles such as ramps, doorways, stairs and differing terrain, it's crucial the patient be securely strapped into the evac sledge. The Alerta Evacuation Sledge is designed to provide peace of mind to both the patient and carer in this regard, as it features sturdy chest and leg straps to keep the patient in a constant and safe position. A foot pouch is also included to secure the patient's feet and prevent any slipping during evacuations.
Convenient and Practical Storage
There is often no warning that an emergency will occur, so evacuation materials like the Alerta Evacuation Sledge will need to be close at hand at all times. To facilitate storage near a patient's bedside, the sledge is supplied in a wall-mountable bag that is compact enough for storage virtually anywhere. Once stored away, it provides peace of mind to both patient and carer that emergency transportation has been considered should an emergency occur.
The Alerta Evac Sledge folds into three sections for compact wall storage in the wall-mountable bag
How Large is the Evacuation Sledge?
This evacuation sledge measures 190 x 60cm, with a thickness of 4cm. This is a standard size suitable for the vast majority of patients.
How Do I Use the Alerta Evacuation Sled?
For proper evacuation of a patient, it is recommended that two people carry out evacuation procedures – one at either end of the sledge. Using the pulling straps at either end, the patient can be easily pulled to safety. Step-by-step evacuation instructions are as follows:
- Unzip base of cover and release sledge to floor (when wall mounted)
- Fully extend the evacuation sledge on the floor, cotton side up
- Place the patient on the evacuation sledge
- Ensure the patient's feet are securely in the foot pocket
- Tighten the leg and chest straps over the patient
- Pull the user to safety, taking care to avoid any sharp objects that may puncture the sledge
Click the PDF link below for instructions regarding the proper setup and use of the Alerta Evacuation Sledge.
|User Manual |
- Secure and sturdy evacuation sledge for use during emergencies
- Easy-glide underside facilitates quick movement over most terrain
- Supplied with a wall-mountable bag to ensure quick deployment
- Chest and leg straps help to secure the patient and prevent movement during transfers
- Made with flam-retardant materials
- Suitable for use by two carers to evacuate a patient from a building