Using an evacuation chair conforms to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and ensures everyone has an evacuation route regardless of their level of mobility. A congested hospital ward or a narrow staircase or corridor can complicate issues, not providing the space conventional evacuation chairs require.
This is where the Evac-E-Pad is ideal! With a protective pad and a vinyl base, the pad can move over most interior surfaces and is highly manoeuvrable through enclosed spaces. Quick to deploy - simply remove from the wall mounted storage bag - and secure with safety belts, the Evac-E-Pad is designed for the tight fitting spaces where other evacuation methods are not practical.
Features of the Evac-E-Pad
- Durable vinyl coated base material
- Suitable for any interior surfaces
- Foam pad for protection
- Webbing cross straps in a seat belt style
- Plastic safety buckles
- Foot pocket
- Pull handle at either end
- Wall mountable
- Ideal for enclosed spaces or narrow corridors/staircases
- Comfortable and protective for the user
- Natural position for the operator
Using the Evac-E-Pad
- Remove from wall storage bag and place beside user
- Transfer user in - can be done from floor, bed or chair
- Position feet within the foot pocket
- Use pillows around the legs and chest for additional comfort if required
- Secure the straps
- Use pull handles to evacuate to safety.
Please note: when going down stairs, the individual must be pulled feet first.
Technical Information for the Evac-E-Pad
- Packed: 64 x 63 x 17cm
- Unrolled: 198 x 68.6cm
- Padding: 3.8cm
- Weight: 3kg
- Maximum load: 120kg with two people operating
- Base: Vinyl
- Top: Polyurethane